Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 Random Facts

I've decided to share 10 random facts about me with you, and I want you to do the same! Leave the link in the comments so I can check it out :)

1. I was born and raised in a small but touristy town in South Carolina. Growing up I couldn't wait to leave and move to a new and exciting place. Now that I've lived in Raleigh for four years, I am missing the beach and coziness of a small town more and more. But I love what the bigger city has to offer and probably won't be moving back home anytime soon.

2. I love reading books. I love getting lost in a book or series. I love being so consumed by a story that I forget about reality. Those are the best books to read.

3. I have six sisters. Yes, you read that correctly. Technically I am an only child but both of my parents remarried and their new spouses each had three girls from their previous marriage. Could that sound any more complicated? Ha

4. I hate the sound of people eating. Chewing food is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

5. My three best, best friends have been in my life since daycare. We all grew up together and even though we are all spread out now in different states, we still stay in touch and see each other as much as possible.

6. I have a weakness for coffee, nail polish, home-cooked meals, flowers, hand-written letters and pictures.

7. If I could make it work, after I graduate nursing school I would love to move to the Caribbean or another exciting place for a year or two. Experience a new city, a new life for a bit before settling down.

8. I think I have a slight cleaning/OCD problem. I like things to be organized certain ways and I am always fixing things and putting things back where they belong. I never really realized how bad it was until a few months ago, but oh well. I am a very clean and organized person.

9. I am a planner. I like knowing what I am doing and when I am doing it. My planner is crucial to my life. Although I love moments of spontaneity, I love having a plan as to where my life is going tomorrow and in the next few years.

10. I like to travel and one of my resolutions for 2012 is to travel more than I have before to see friends and family in cities that I've never been to before.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower of your blog and it's great. I grew up in SC but am living in NC now as well. Can't wait to see what books you read this year, I love getting lost in a good book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same about chewing...drives me crazy! I know exactly what you mean about the city/small town dilemma. I grew up in a tiny town, but now that I live in an apartment complex in the city, I miss those wide open spaces so much.

    ReplyDelete