I was woken up this morning around 6:30 which was the perfect time because Kate Middleton was starting her four minute walk down the aisle to become the Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge. Her dress was stunning and absolutely beautiful. It was classy and timeless and I can say it exceeded all of my expectations. Their ceremony was very elegant and romantic and I am glad that I watched it. What did you all think of her wedding dress?
Thursday, April 28, 2011
I am so excited about the Royal wedding tomorrow and I cannot wait to see what everyone wears, especially Kate Middleton. I've done a post before about her style and how much I love it but this post is dedicated to her amazing style in... hats! I haven't found a hat or fascinator she has worn that I don't like!
And of course, Kate's casual hat style is just as pretty..
All images via
What do you all think of Kate's hats? Are you as excited about the Royal wedding as I am?
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
There are so many things on my wishlist for this Spring but here are some things at the top of my list!
Longchamp 'Le Pliage' tote in Palm Green
Nixon 'Small Player' in Seafoam
Steve Madden 'Turnpyke' in Red
JCrew 'Sahara' dress in Weathered wood
Billabong 'Island Fever' dress
What is on everyone's Spring wishlist this year?
A good book or song. Anything I can lose myself in
Best New Music:
Adele's new album 21
Pineapple flavored Malibu Rum with Diet Coke
Any surprise is a good surprise
Best Home-Cooked Meal:
Thanksgiving is my favorite meal
Turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole & chess pie
Cussing when I'm extremely frustrated. Or ridiculous tabloid magazines
Best Shortcut to Feeling Beautiful:
Eyeliner and mascara
Monday, April 25, 2011
This past weekend was awesome and I got to see so many people that I love! Thursday I went to Wilmington to spend time with B and his family. B and I shopped for most of the day and then went home and relaxed the rest of the night. It was so nice to see his parents and brother. Friday I made the hour drive home and spent the day with my best friends from high school Adri, Brijette & Sarah. We went out for sushi and then went to see Water for Elephants. The movie was amazing, and I can't wait to read the book. Reese Witherspoon and Rob Pattinson were awesome but Christoph Waltz really stole the show. His character was so dynamic and he played the part perfectly. The other star of the show was Rosie the elephant. I was in awe of her the whole time, what a beautiful animal. Saturday and Sunday I spent time with my family and went and saw my favorite little man, Jayden and his mom Tammy. Overall, this weekend was great and I am so excited to come home for the summer in a few weeks. Here are some pictures to recap my weekend:
high school besties- sarah, adri, me & brijette
my favorite little guy, jayden
I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!
Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday so far! Here's another playlist for you to enjoy:
- I Get Paper - Drake ft Kevin Cossom
- No Sleep - Wiz Khalifa
- Moment for Life - Nicki Minaj & Drake
- Written In The Stars - Tinie Tempah
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
- Just Can't Get Enough - The Black Eyed Peas
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown
- E.T. - Katy Perry ft Kanye West
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- First, I am loving that I had the chance to go see Jimmy Buffett last night. He was amazing and it was definitely a concert I won't forget!
- Second, I am loving that I get to go to Wilmington tomorrow to see B's family and spend time with them. And hopefully buy these coral denim pants that I have been lusting over for weeks from a boutique in Wrightsville.
- Third, I am loving that after my short trip to Wilmington, I get to go home and see my three best friends and my family of course! It's going to be a great weekend!
- Fourth, I have the greatest surprise for B that I know he is going to love and I can't wait to tell him about it (I can't say here because even though I highly doubt he reads my blog, I don't want to chance it)
Here are a few pics from the concert:
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Today I have my Anatomy & Physiology 1 lab final at noon and a lecture test at 3 so my day will be spent with my nose in my notes! And to celebrate a stressful day, I will be spending my evening with my bestie Bre, Jimmy Buffett and some cold beverages! Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Tomorrow is a very exciting day, not only do I have my lab final exam but it is also the day of the Jimmy Buffett concert! I grew up listening to his music and although I am not a big concert person, he was definitely on my list of people to see! I am super excited and am devoting this Monday playlist to my top ten favorite Jimmy Buffett songs. Enjoy!
- Son of a Son of a Sailor
- If You Like Pina Colada
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude
- Hey Good Lookin'
- Come Monday
- Pencil Thin Mustache
- A Pirate Looks at Forty
Wow, what a crazy weekend. As many of you may have experienced, we also had that terrible storm system move through Raleigh and North Carolina. I was at work the entire day and was very lucky to not have been near any of the areas where there were tornadoes or damage. Here are a few pictures from WRAL of the damage in Raleigh:
I am keeping everyone that was touched by these storms in my prayers today
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- I am loving that I got to go to the Museum of Natural Science today with Bre and the baby she nannies for, Sophie. Sophie loved the museum and after we went through all of the exhibits we walked around downtown which was so nice.
- I am also loving that I may potentially have someone to rent my room in my apartment for the summer months! I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this would be SO awesome.
- I am loving that the weather is super nice today and the sun is shining.
- I am also loving that I got a ticket to go to a Jimmy Buffett & the Coral Reefer band concert next Tuesday! Super stoked!
Hope everyone else is having an awesome Wednesday!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I am currently...
-eating/drinking: waffles with peanut butter & orange juice
-listening to: Good Morning America
-lamenting: The one year anniversary of a good friends death was this past weekend, rest in peace MTH
-pondering: My plan for the Summer/Fall
-wearing: Nike running shorts & B's tshirt
-anticipating: Easter weekend & summer
-baking: Nothing although I do have cookie dough in my refrigerator
-reading: Self Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Southern Living & blogs
-loving: Warm weather. Good friends. Great family. Steady job.
-buying: Nothing! My birthday is in one month so I am making a wishlist instead of buying
Monday, April 11, 2011
This weekend has been crazy and I am kinda glad it's over so I can have a not-so-crazy week! This Monday playlist is dedicated to Glee, one of my favorite shows! Here are just a few of my favorite songs:
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
- Blame It (On The Alcohol)
- Bills, Bills, Bills
- Don't Stop Believin'
- Thriller/Heads Will Roll
- Marry You
- Empire State of Mind
- Defying Gravity
- I Look To You
This past weekend was kind of crazy! Friday night we went downtown to celebrate B turning 21. It was storming and pouring rain but we had a lot of fun anyways. On Saturday B and I cleaned his entire house because his mom came into town and then I went to work that night. It stormed and poured rain again so we decided to stay in and relax. Sunday was B's grandmother's birthday so we went to church and lunch with her and then I went to work. Again. Working in a restaurant has its perks, you make great money quickly and it's usually fairly easy but sometimes you just have bad nights. And last night was one of them. But it's a new day and I'm not going to let one bad night ruin all of the others at work! Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Words With Friends. Because it is the most awesome app ever and I'm still obsessed
- Eggo Whole Grain waffles with peanut butter and sugar-free syrup, favorite breakfast.
- that in one month I will be home for the entire summer working at my parents restaurant and going to the beach every day!
- that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and will be applying to Nursing school in January 2012
What is everyone else loving this Wednesday?
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Of course with the season changing, I have been perusing lots of websites and dreaming over a new Spring wardrobe. I've always loved Roxy clothes, even though their sizes are sometimes little funny. Here are a few things currently on my wish list:
Hope everyone has had a great day!