Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Suggestions




So, I am a lover of books. All books. Anytime, anywhere really it doesn't matter. A book can brighten up any day and I love getting so lost in whatever I am reading that I completely forget about my reality. I've put together a few of my most recently read books and would suggest them to everyone!

1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The movie was fantastic, but like always, the book is SO much better! I read this book in high school but didn't enjoy it then as much as I do now.


2. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
A good book with a great story about a father and daughter. I would suggest ANY of Nicholas Sparks books because they are simply amazing. All of them.


3. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
A powerful book with such a great story line. The movie is completely different than the book, which I think is a bad idea but I would suggest the book before the movie. Always.


4. Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin
A light read but it really gets you thinking about your current relationships and past relationships. That saying, the grass is always greener on the other side fits well with this story although sometimes the grass isn't as green as it looks


5. Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
I can't get enough of her talk show, Chelsea Lately on E! so I picked up her book to see what it was about. What I got was short stories that were so hysterical I laughed out loud and got strange looks from everyone around. Definitely pick this book up if you are in need for a good laugh and like her humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment