Friday, July 15, 2011

Recap

What a week it has been! Thank you all for your encouraging words on my last post, I am starting to feel a little less overwhelmed and homesick. I feel like it can't possibly already be Friday because I feel like Monday was just yesterday! I had two tests this week in my CNA class which I did well on. They ended up being not as horrible as I was expecting. We also started checking off skills in the lab which is a nice change from sitting in a desk for 8 hours. Unfortunately, my wallet was stolen Wednesday. It was possibly someone from my class but there is a very slim chance that I dropped my wallet while eating lunch at the hospital. But it's gone. And it makes me very sad to think that someone thought this was acceptable behavior. Not only do they have my drivers license and bank cards, but they also have my SS card, health insurance cards, student ID, store gift cards, $200 in cash and my bank account number. I cancelled all of my cards as soon as I realized it was gone and they did manage to use one of my bank cards but luckily it was the account I keep no money in. I only have this one account because it is linked up with my mom's account so in case of emergency she can transfer money and I only kept around $5 in the account. I've already cancelled all of my cards and opened up a new bank account with a different number and I have also flagged my credit in case they try to open something in my name. Honestly, this whole situation is more of an inconvenience than anything else. Plus I am really sad about my actual wallet being gone because it was one of a kind, they don't make it the same anymore. So the first part of my week was awesome, and the past two days have been frustrating but it is getting better. I just wish I didn't have class until 4:30 so I could actually take care of a few things like getting a new license and such. This weekend is going to be super busy because we have a work meeting Saturday morning, I have to get a physical, TB test and take a CPR certification class, and I work Sunday. Busy weekend but I am looking forward to it! Hope everyone else's week has flown by as fast as mine has!

PS - if you got to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 last night I am super jealous because I can't go until this weekend or next week!

3 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry about your wallet getting stolen! Fanny is going through the same thing - last week her entire purse was stolen so you should def talk to her about all the crap she is also going through.
    I don't understand why people do things like that - they make you feel so disrespected and violated. I know you will bounce back from this though because you are amazing. I'm glad classes are going good and you did such a good job on your tests. I miss you like crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your wallet! It is so inconvenient, and I know it made me worry about who was running around with my things. I hate to think about the kind of person who thinks that is okay. I'm glad you're not feeling as homesick! I hope you have a great weekend and get to see HP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so so sorry about your wallet! that truly sucks. hopefully your busy weekend is still fun though, and you get to see harry potter soon!

    ReplyDelete