Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy!


Whew! When I signed up for this CNA certification course I did not realize how time consuming it would be or how exhausted I would be with class and work! We started our first day of clinicals today and it was rough to start off with but as the day moved forward it got better. I was a little anxious when I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 this morning and it was nerve wracking to walk into a patients room at 6:00 am to wake them up. Starting off was rough because I just wasn't sure what to do and all of us students were terrified. I was lucky to be assigned to an amazing CNA who not only offered advice for passing our CNA class but she also made sure to take lots of time to talk to us about what we were doing and what to expect and how to interact with patients. I was assigned to two of her six patients and they were both wonderful! The three of us assigned to our CNA stuck together for most of the day to get our bearings and it was much better to complete tasks with someone else. Overall, today was a great experience and I am so glad that I get to be back in the hospital environment and around patients. We have clinicals tomorrow and everyday next week and then I'll be DONE with this class! I am so excited to have a week off between this class and the fall semester so I can catch up on sleep and hopefully go home for a few days! And I'm excited for this class to end because then I will have much more time to blog! Hope you all have had a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You should be so proud of yourself and in the end it will all be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to how overwhelming the first day of clinicals can be. Hang in there & good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. new to your blog, and love the background! so cute1

    ReplyDelete