1. Lots of family bonding. We had a bonfire one night out on our farm with family and friends and lots of food. Thanksgiving day we had around 30 people at my dad's house. My step-mom & I enjoyed the Criminal Minds marathon Friday. Saturday was Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's family. Today I worked at my step-mom's restaurant. LOTS of family time.
2. Good food. Over the past 4 days I have eaten oysters, chicken bog, venison, green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, turkey and dressing, rolls, chicken & dumplings, lima beans, macaroni & cheese, scalloped potatoes, chess pie, pumpkin pie, broccoli casserole and so much more. It's official, I need to go to the gym tomorrow.
3. Midnight Madness. My two best friends and I went to the outlet stores at midnight on Thanksgiving. I usually go with my mom so I was used to the crowds but they were not ha. We took some delicious pineapple (that may have been soaking in vodka) to help us survive. The people weren't that bad but the checkout lines were insane! We probably waited in the line at Old Navy for an hour to check out. (And I returned everything I bought except for the pajama pants for my sisters ha)
4. Football. This weekend may have possibly been the biggest game of the season for the NC State football team. All they needed to do was win against Maryland to secure a spot in the ACC Championship but unfortunately they just couldn't pull it off. Oh well, at least we still get to go to a bowl game. Another big game was the USC (South Carolina) Clemson game. I'm pretty sure I was the only person at the house cheering for Clemson.
5. Christmas. I can now start playing my Christmas music without feeling guilty and my mom and I put up all of our decorations this weekend. This afternoon we ventured out to Michael's craft store because they had a huge sale on all of their holiday decorations. Putting up our tree and village always make it feel like it is officially Christmas time. Even though it was 80 degrees on Thanksgiving day, it has finally cooled down so that it actually feels like Christmas outside. I hope the cold weather stays around!